Academic qualification: Ph.D in Adult Education
Academic title: Professor of Adult Education
Academic status: Dean College of Agricultural and science Education
Office Address: Department of Educational Foundations, College of
Agricultural andScience Education, Michael
Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Umuahia, Abia State
. Professional qualifications:
Contact: Ezioha, Mgbidi, Awgu LGA, Enugu State
9. Fields of interest/specialization: Adult Education
10. Academic affiliation: Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia
1. Umezulike, N.A (2003) Rural Community Development. A Nigerian
Perspective, Enugu, CECTA Nigerian Limited.
(b) Co-Authored Books
3. Anowor, O.O.., Ezema, J.O. & Umezulike, N. A(2001). Fundamentals of
Adult Education, Enugu: CECTA Nigerian Ltd.
(c) Chapters in Books
4. Umezulike, N. A. and Ezema, J.O. (2001). Teaching Adults in S.N. Agwu (Ed)
Teaching in Nigeria. (Pp., 169-180). Enugu Chesten Ltd
5. Umezulike, N. A (2004). An Agenda for Youth’s participation in
Nigeria’s constitutional democracy. In C.S Momoh, U.S. Osimiri and I.A
Umezulike (eds) Law, Democracy and its Dividends, Multi-Disciplinary
Essays in Honour of Governor Chimaroke Nnamani (pp 423-436) Enugu: Snaap
6. Umezulike, N.A (2004). Human development as catalyst for rural
development in Nigeria. In C.S. Momoh, U.S Osimiri and I.A Umezulike (Eds)
Law, Democracy and its Dividends, Multi-Disciplinary Essays in Honour of
Governor Chimaroke Nnamani. Enugu: Snaap Press(pp 501 – 522).
7. Umezulike, N. A. (2008). Improving the quality of democratic Government in
Nigeria: The Role of Adult Education. In C. Maduka
& O.A Afemikhe .(Eds), Issues in Education governance and
Development. (pp 356-364). Benin: Institute of Education.
(d) Conference Proceedings
8. Umezulike, N. A. (2000). Effective use of Information and Communication
Technology facilities in improving Adult Education in Nigeria. Proceedings
of the 1st Annual Conference of Department of Science and Computer
Education, Enugu. (pp 356-360).
9. Umezulike, N.A (2012). The Challenges and Prospects of Adult Education
Programmes in Nigerian Universities. Proceedings of Commission for
International Adult Education (CIAE) of the American Association for
Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) pp 148-157).
10. Ukwuaba, C. (2012). The Perceived Impact of Women for Women
International (WFWI) Non-formal learning programmes for Rural Women in
Nigeria. Proceedings of Commission for International Adult Education
(CIAE) of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
(AAACE) (pp. 158 – 167).
(e) Articles in Learned Journal
11. Umezulike, N.A. (2000). Philosophical issues for effective Adult Education
in Nigeria. ESUT Journal of Education, 3(2), 126-137.
12. Umezulike, N.A (2011). Lifelong Education in a Computer age. Journal of
Science and Computer Education, 1(2), 230-233.
13. Umezulike, N.A (2001). Non-formal education and national building.
Nigerian Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, 10 (3), 47-49.
14. Umezulike, N.A. (2011). Positioning University Management structure for
effective academic programmes. A case of University of Ibadan. Journal of
Multidisciplinary Studies,7(1), 163-167.
15. Umezulike, N.A (2003). Impact of educational change on student’s
activism. Nigeria Journal of Research and Production, 3 (2), 8-14.
16. Umezulike, N. A (2003). An X-ray of women education as a catalyst for
rural development. Multidisciplinary Journal of Research and
Development, 1(2), 21-25.
17. Umezulike, N.A (2005). Strategies for improving Adult Education in Niger.
The Nigerian Academic Forum. A multidisciplinary Journal, 9 (5), 87-90.
18. Umezulike, N. A. (2005). Enhancing citizenship Education in Nigeria
through adult education. Nigerian Journal of Citizenship Education, 3. 27-33.
19. Umezulike, N. A. (2006). Entrepreneurship in non-formal education
Nigerian Journal of Teacher Education and Teaching, 2 (3), 110 – 115
20. Umezulike, N.A. (2006). Contributions of adult education programmes to
the economic development of Enugu State. Nigerian National Council of
Adult Education, 11, 27-34.
21. Umezulike, N.A. (2006). Examination malpractices in Nigerian
Universities: A contemporary Challenge to Adult Educators. Africa Journal
of Educational Foundations. 2(1), 232-238.
22. Umezulike, N.A. (2006). Re-packaging women education for national
development. Journal of Qualitative Education, 2(4), 135-140.
23. Umezulike, N.A. (2007). Educational reforms and attainment of adult
education objectives in the 21st Century. Nigerian Journal of Teacher
Education and Teacher, 3 (1), 122-130
24. Umezulike, N.A. (2007). An investigation into the strategies for the
improvement of women education in Nigeria. Journal of Academies, 2 (1),
25. Umezulike, N. A. (2007). Exploration of persuasion method for the
enhancement of women education in Nigeria. Nigerian National Council of
Adult Education, 15, 188- 200.
26. Umezulike, N. A. and Ukwuaba, C.C (2008). Effective adult literacy
programmes in Nigeria. African Journal of Allied Education, 2 (1), 1-9
27. Umezulike, N. A. and Okenwa, G.N. (2008). Education a strategy for women
development. Nigerian Journal of Research and Production, 13 (2), 122 – 130
28. Umezulike, N. A. and Ukwuaba C.C. (2009).The current status of Nigerian
women: The way forward. Nigeria Journal of Research and Production,
29. Umezulike, N. A. (2009) Family terrorism: gender dimension. Benue Journal
of Gender Studies, 1.314 – 322.
30. Umezulike, N. A. and Ukwuaba C.L. (2009). Application of Information and
Communication Technologies (ICTs) In women literacy education in Nigeria.
Benue Journal of Gender Studies, 1, 323 – 328.
31. Umezulike, N. A. Attitude of University undergraduates towards adult
education programmes in Enugu State. Benue Journal of Educational Studies.
19(1&2), 183 – 190
32. Umezulike, N. A. (2009). The perception of men towards women educational
empowerment in Enugu State. Journal of Educational Forum, 4 (1), 1-6.
33. Umezulike, N. A.and Afemikhe O.A. (2010). Alternative assessment and
women education in Nigeria. African research review. An International Multi-
Disciplinary Journal, 4(2), 303-310.
34. Umezulike, N. A. (2010). Frame work for entrepreneurship women education
in Nigeria. International Journal of Educational Studies, 1(1).
12. Description of lecturing courses (courses she lectures in the university): (a) Undergraduate Courses taught
ADE - 105 - History and Development of Adult Education (2 Credits)
108 - Introduction to Adult Education
118 - Introduction to Community Development
109 - Philosophy of Adult Education
113 - Introduction to Non-formal Education
204 - Adult Literacy Methods
207 - Methods of Teaching the Adults
206 - Curriculum Development in Adult Education
212 - Lifelong Education
305 - Comparative Adult Education
306 - Management of Adult Education
307 - Community Education
308 - Rural Education
401 - Material Development and Productions
404 - Women Education
405 - Practicum in Adult Education
406 - Professional Seminar
409 - Pre-retirement Education
EDU: 213 - Curriculum and Instruction
EDU : 222 - Curriculum and Instruction II
VED : 311 - Cooperative Education
ADE: 102 - Introduction to Adult Education
ADE: 103 - Introduction to non-formal education
ADE : 121: - Adult Education Principles and Development
ADE : 224: - Methods of teaching and principles of learning
Postgraduate Courses taught
UGC 801 – Advanced statistical Methods in Education
UGC 802 – Computer Application in agricultural Research
ADE 801 – Advance seminar in Adult Education
ADE 810 – community analysis management technique in adult education
EDU 811 – Advance research method in education methodology
ADE 813 – Historical foundation of adult education
ADE 815 – Comparative Adult Education
ADE 817 – philosophical adult Education
ADE 800 – Thesis
ADE 836 – Evaluation of Adult education
ADE 838—Economics of Adult Education
ADE 840 – Cost and finance of Adult education
ADE 842 – Principles and practice of continuing education
ADE 846 – Rural community development
ADE 819 – Curriculum studies in adult education
ADE 818 – Theory, Policy, Design, Organization and practice of community education rural development
ADE 812- Organization management and administration of adult education
ADE 814-Teaching Adults
ADE 801- Advance seminar in adult education
ADE 821- Planning and implementation of community development projects
ADE 820-Theory practice of social welfare and dynamics of Adult
ADE 822 - sociological Approach to current social problems
ADE 823 - Administration of Social welfare
ADE 805-Advance seminar in adult education
ADE 825-Industrial relations system
ADE 810-Community analysis and management techniques in adult education
ADE 824- Labor relations and industrial relations system in Nigeria
ADE 826-Industrial training, public policy and industrial relations
ADE 901- Advance seminar in adult education
ADE 915-Independent Study in Adult Education
ADE 917- Issues and Trends in Adult Education
ADE 919- Organizational Administration of Adult Education
ADE 921- Traditional Position in Adult Education
ADE 923-HAuman Resource Management Adult Education
ADE 910- Advance Policy and Design in Adult Education
ADE 912- Practicum in the Administration of Adult Education
ADE 914- Advanced Literacy Education
ADE 933-Public Policy Planning and Implementation of Community Development Projects
ADE 935-Contemporary Theories for Community Development
ADE 937- Community Development Practicum
ADE 939- Community Education
ADE 922-Economics of Community Development
ADE 924- Community Development, National Planning and Personal Development
ADE 926- Community Organization
ADE 941 – Emerging Trends in Extension and Distance Education
ADE 943 – Issues in Distance Education
ADE 945 – Comparative Trends in Extension and Distance Education
ADE 947 – Advanced Extension Education
ADE 928 – Programme Planning in Extension Education
ADE 930 – Administration of Extension and Distance Education
ADE 932 – Instructional Materials in Extension and Distance Education
ADE 949 – Rural Literacy Newspaper production
ADE 951 – Historical Development of Mass media in Nigeria
ADE 953 – Mass Communication and Research
ADE 955 – Mass Communication Law
1. Nigerian Educational Students Association Award for Outstanding Services
Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, 2007.
2. National Association of Political Science Students Award for Excellent
Services (Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu 2007)
3. Peoples State and Resources Award for Women of Merit Gold Award, Abuja
4. Adult Education Students Association (ADESA) University of Jos Chapter
Award of Excellence, (Jos 2012).
5. National Association of Agricultural and Science Education Students (NAASES)
2012/2013 as the most dynamic DEAN
14. Membership of association/Attendance at conference:
Academic Course /Conference attended
Second NationalConference of Education for National Development and Integration, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa, June, 20th -23rd ,2000.
November, 14th – 18th, 2006
15. Academic services/ responsibilities
1. Unit Coordinator: Adult Education, Department of Educational Foundations,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology: 1995 -2008.
2. Unit Coordinator: Adult Education, Department of Educational Foundations,
University of Jos: 2008 – 2012.
3. Chairman: Faculty of Education Social Welfare University of Jos, 2010
4. Chairman: Department of Educational Foundations, Accreditation Committee,
University of Jos, 2009.
5. Chairman, Adult Education, Nomadic Research Committee of Nomadic
Education Centre, University of Jos, 2010.
6. External Examiner, Continuing Education Centre, University of Jos, 2010-2012
7. Dean, College of Agricultural and Science Education, Michael Okpara
University of Agriculture, Umudike, 2012 – Date.
Department of Health and Physical Education
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Enugu State High Court, Enugu.