The Philosophy of Agriculture and Home Economics Education is consistent with the overall philosophy of Michael Okpara University of agriculture, Umudike, which sets out to achieve socio-economic goals of investment in vocational Home Economics Education programmes in order to provide individuals with employable skills, to attain the optimum manpower that can handle properly agricultural products through teaching, training, research and extension.
- To produce highly motivated, competent and conscientious Home Economics teachers that would be efficient and effective in the classroom and in the world of work.
- To produce teacher with intellectual and professional ability adequate for leadership in performance of their duties in home management.
- To produce teachers with the spirit of inquiry, creativity and self reliance in teaching Home Economics and other related occupations.
- To train teachers that will adjust rightly to social life of the community and the society at large in contributing to rural development and environmental sustainability.
- To produce teachers that will have absolute commitment to the teaching profession by fostering integrity, discipline, honour and respect in teaching locally and globally.