DR GREGORY MADU OKPARAEKE
NCE, BSc, Med, Ph.D Nigeria
Department of Industrial Technology Education
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike Abia State
Marital status: Married
Local Government Area: Ihitte Uboma L.G.A
State of Origin: Imo State
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/CERTIFICATES OBTAINED WITH DATE:
· University of Nigeria Nsukka Ph.D (Industrial Technical Education) building Technology 2013
· University of Nigeria Nsukka Med (Industrial Technical Education) building Technology 2004
· Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (Industrial Technical Education) building Technology 1992
· Federal College of Education (Tech) Gombe Affiliate of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria NCE(Tech) Woodwork/building Technology
· Technical College Osu Mbano, WAEC (Tech) and Trade Test Grade 2 & 3 in Blocklaying and concreting 1980
THESIS/RESEARCH CARRIED OUT
1. Mechanism for Enhancing the Competencies of Building technology Education students in universities in South East Nigeria. Ph.D 2013.
2. Safety practice skills required by trainees and employees of block-laying and concreting occupation in the building industry in Imo State M.Ed 2004.
3. Impact of the National Policy on education on the Technical Colleges in Imo State B.Sc1992.
1. Member Nigeria Institute of Building (NIOB) as Licentiate member. I took NIOB examination for Associate membership.
2. Technology Panel- Science Association of Nigeria (STAN).
1. Spie Batch (NIG) LTD, Abuja. From 1980-1981 as concrete foreman. During lower Usman dam construction project Abuja.
2. Lodigiany (NIG) LTD, Abuja. From 1982-1983 as draftsman, materials laboratory/survey assistant. During conference center construction project Abuja.
3. JENS Enterprises, shell contractor Port- Harcourt from 1986 to 1988 as site supervisor. During First Bank canteen project Aba road Port Harcourt and other residential Building Projects.
4. Part-Time Lecturer Imo State University Owerri from 2006 to 2012 as Chief building technologist. Lectured theoretical and practical courses like:- building workshop practice, building drawing, construction, services and seminars. Purchased tools and equipment from Onitsha to equip building department and participated in NUC and NIOB accreditation of the department.
5. Secondary Education Management Board (SEMB) Owerri Imo State from 1988 to 2015. As principal technical instructor special class. Served at Okporo Technical College and Government Technical College Owerri.
Currently a senior lecturer at Department of Industrial Technology Education Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State.
Departmental Coordinator Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES)
Member departmental Accreditation Committee
Students academic adviser.
Achievements: Guest Writer (News-stock) to radio stations and articles for news paper publications.
Paper Presentation: Presented papers titled:
1. Career opportunities in Science and Technology at Green Uzo progress comprehensive college Ihioma Orlu L.G.A. on 2nd July, 1992 on the occasion of the college career day.
2. Mastering of areas common to all technical trades and use of innovative approaches to various trades, a panacea for effective basic technology instruction in JSS. Venue: Imo State University Owerri. During Basic Education Training and Retraining of basic Technology Teachers of JSS in collaboration with Imo State University Owerri, a Millennium Development Goals (MDGS) project 3rd and 4th Quarter 2006. Held on 6th and 7th October 2010 at Villa Maria Pastoral Centre Owerri.
3. Impact of Engineering as a profession and its relationship to technical college trades. A career day organized for technical college students by Dept of Educational Psychology/Guidance and Counseling Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education Owerri at Government Technical College Owerri on 21st March, 2011.
4. Prospects and constraints to Technical College building trades as careers in the building industry. A paper presented at the students career day of Government Technical college Owerri organized by students counselors of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education Owerri on 4th Dec. 2012.
5. Place of Engineering profession in the society. A paper presented at a career day organized by Student Counselors of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education Owerri at School hall of Girls Secondary School Obazu Mbieri on 3rd December 2013.
1. Okparaeke G. M. (2006) safety practice skills required of employees of block laying and concreting occupation. In review of education. Institute of Education Journal, University of Nigeria Nsukka, 17 (1) 131-137 (May 2006).
2. Okparaeke G. M. (2008) Maintenance of Building and Civil Engineering Structures in Ezeji S. C. O. A. and Onoh, BCEC. (Eds) Building Maintenance and Repairs. Published January 2008 by Cheston Agency press Ltd. Enugu (Textbook chapter).
3. Okparaeke G. M. & Okonkwo M. O. (2014) Safety Practice Skills Required by Metal work Employees in the use of metals in buildings. In Review of Education Journal. Institute of Education, University of Nigeria Nsukka. Volume 25 (2) 164-175 (June 2014).
4. Okparaeke G. M. and Okonkwo M. O. (2016) Safety Practice Skills Required by Building Construction Employees in the use of metals in buildings. In journal of educational foundations. Faculty of Education University of Nigeria Nsukka Volume 6 25-35 (January 2016)
5. Okparaeke G. M. (2016) Entrepreneurship Technical/Building drawing with computer applications for Universities and Colleges. Owerri: Shack Printers and Publishers.
· Attended a 5day master trainer workshop on the implementation of the Unified National Continuous Assessment Programme. Organized: by Universal Basic Education Commission (UBAC) Abuja from 21st to 24th October 2008 at Royal Hotel Ltd. Enugu for the South East Geo. Political Zone.
· Participated in Science, Vocational and technical/STAN workshop. Theme strategies for teaching of difficult concept in Science, Technology and Mathematics. Organized by Secondary Education Management Board, Imo State on 22-23/02/05 at Girls Secondary School Ihioma Orlu L.G.A., Imo State.
· Participated in International Conference of College of Agriculture and Science Education in Collaboration with United Nation Academic Impact. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State 12-16th July 2015.
· Participated in Imo State Ministry of Education Book review 2011 and 2014. At Government College Owerri.
Special Adviser on culture and development Opara Amainyi General Assembly (OAGA). Donates money for the development of the Town and renders assistants to the needy, physically challenged and the poorest of the poor in the society.
This is in addition to offering repayable/non repayable loans to my kindred to offset contributions, levies from the community, government or for celebration/burials.
Prof. V. E. Onweh
HOD Industrial Technology Education
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Dr. Okechukwu Amadike
Department of Industrial Technology Education,
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuidke
Dr. C. Okorieocha
Department of Industrial Technology
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike