NAME OBIOZOR, Ogechi Roseline (Ph.D)
INSTITUTION Department of Adult and Continuing Education
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
CURRENT POST Doctor
Local Government & State of Origin: Onitsha North LGA, Anambra State
Gender & Marital Status: Female, Married
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
Qualification Obtained Year Institution
Ø School Certificate 1986 Central School Nguru, Aboh Mbaise
Ø Senior School Certificate 93/94 Nguru Sec. Comm. School, Aboh Mbaise
Ø B.Ed Education 1999 University of Abuja FCT
(Education English Language 2/1)
Ø M.Ed (Adult Education) 2008 Enugu State University of Science &
Technology, Enugu State
Ø PhD (Adult Education) 2016 Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka
Position Dates Organization
Ø Class teacher 2002-2004 All Hallows Seminary School Onitsha
Ø Class teacher 2004 – 2011 St Josephs’ Secondary School Emene Enugu
Ø Part-Time Lecturer 2006 – 2015 UNTH School of Nursing
Ø Lecturer III 2011 – 2015 Alvan Ikoku Fed. Coll. Of Education, Owerri
Ø Lecturer II 2015 Alvan Ikoku Fed. Coll. Of Education, Owerri
Ø Assistant Lecturer 2015 Michael Okpara Univ. of Agric. Umudike
Ø Lecturer II 2016 – Date Michael Okpara Univ. of Agric. Umudike
Since 2006 I have been teaching adult learners, undergraduates and also a tutorial lecturer for master’s degree students especially in the field of adult education in higher institutions; School of Nursing UNTH, Alvan Ikoku federal college of education and Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike.
Head of Department (HOD)
With my training in education English and class of degree I was appointed the Head of Department (HOD) of English Language in St Josephs’ Secondary School Emene in 2007 – 2011 which resulted in achieving excellent results in the said years.
Examination Task Officer
I was appointed by the dean school of education Alvan Ikoku federal college of education Owerri to help in scrutinizing and computation of scores of students for correct and accurate compilation of results.
Departmental Examination Officer
I compile and compute scores and results in the department of Adult and Continuing Education which receive successful approval by the senate of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike.
MEMBERSHIP: Teachers registration council of Nigeria
Nigerian National Council for Adult Education (NNCAE)
Curriculum Organization of Nigeria
Forum of Benchmakers in Nigeria
a) Onyekwere, O. R. (1999). Teaching implication of J. P. Clerk’s poetry in Nigeria Secondary Schools (A case study of Secondary Schools in F.C.T. and J. P. Clerk’s Personal Interviews). A B.Ed Thesis, University of Abuja FCT.
b) Obiozor, O. R. (2008). Perception of effectiveness of UNICEF educational programmes in the control of human trafficking in Enugu State. M.Ed Thesis. Enugu State University of Science and Technology
c) Obiozor, O. R. (2016). Assessment of the implementation of non-formal education programmes for minimizing socio-psychological problems of adults living with HIV/AIDS.
BOOK OF READINGS
1. Madu, C.O. and Obiozor O.R (2017). Motivation as a spring board in for Adult learning. Essays and Researches in Education, Arts and Social sciences. A Festschrift in honour of Prof. Rose Ebenebe. Faculty of education, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. ICE media; Pp. 235-240.
2. Igbo, R.O. and Obiozor, O.R. (2008). Social context of Adult Education. Contemporary Adult Education, an inclusive approach. Editor, Igbo R.O. CDJAP printing press: Enugu Pp. 326-348
3. Obiozor, O.R and Opara D.C (2016). Skills development in universities as means to enhance employment. Editors Unachukwu G.C and Ijioma, B.C Timex: Enugu, PP 382-393
4. Obiozor O.R. and Nwachukwu O.F. (2017). Adult nutrition education: a prerequisite for successful ageing process in economic challenging times. National council for Adult Education journal Vol. 22, issue 196-209.
5. Obiozor O.R. (2016). Women education as a means of sustainable development in Nigeria. IDEJ.IBBUL development education journal. Lapai, Nigeria. Vol. 1 no 1 Pp.192-204.
6. Obiozor O.R. (2016). Effectiveness of UNICEF educational Programmes in the control of human trafficking in Enugu State. Journal of community and communication research. Vol 1 no 2. Pp 125-131.
7. Obiozor R.O. and Uba (2015). Ageing adults and the use of digital technology in Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri. CARESON Journal of Research and Development (CJRD). Vol. 7 no. 1&2. Pp 135-147.
8. Alabeke V.C, Ugwumba E.U., Opara F.N. and Obiozor O.R. (2014). Neglect of Adult Education in nigeria and its implications for achieving education for all (EFA) goals. A multidisciplinary journal. Vol. 13 no. 3. Pp 145-151.
9. Obiozor O.R. (2012). Innovative principles for facilitating adult learning in Nigeria. Lit academic Jornal. Vol. 1 no. 2. Pp 114-122.
10. Madu, C.O. and Obiozor O.R. (2012) conducive learning environment: a panacea for effective learning among adult learners. Nigerian journal of research and production. Vol 21. No. 1. Pp. 112-119
11. Otty C.A, Obiozor O.R. and Ibe P.C (2012). Adult education and ICT integration prospect and challenges in 21st Century. Alvan school of education journal. Vol. 8 no. 1. Pp. 83-95.
CONFERENCES WORKSHOPS ATTENDED TITLES AND DATES
Ø Forum of Educational Benchmakers in Nigeria in conjunction with Department of vocational Education, University of Uyo.
Titles: Re-thinking creativity and innovation: Imperatives for life-long learning
Ø Institute of Education University of Nigeria Nsukka
Title: Promoting life-long learning opportunities for sustainable development
Ø Michael Opara University of Agriculture Umudike circle institutional strengthening programmes
Title: Climate impact Research Capacity and leadership Enhancement (Circle) programmes for sub-Saharan Africa (2014-2018)
Ø Nigerian National Council for Adult Education NNCAE National Conference.
Ø Digital Bridge Institute. International centre for information and communications Technology Studies
Title: Advanced Digital Appreciation programme for Tertiary Institutions
Ø Curriculum Organization of Nigeria.
Ø Enugu State Library Board in Collaboration with Nigerian Library Association:
The Use of Library
Ø Department of Adult and Non- Formal Education in Collaboration with
Community and Adult Education Research Society of Nigeria (CARESON)
Ø Association for childhood Education international Nigeria Chapter.
Theme: Excellence for every child;
Issues of Quality and Relevance in Child hood Education
Ø Association of Nigeria Teachers (ASSONT)
In collaboration with National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
Theme: Education for all:
Problems and prospects in Nigeria.
Ø Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education Owerri
Theme: Integrating ICT into the Education System:
The Nigeria Experience
Ø National Youth Literacy Conference
Theme: Adult, Youth Literacy and Special Education
For Sustainable Development in Nigeria Organized by the department of
Adult Education, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka-Nigeria
Ø Department of Education Foundation Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Topic: Challenges of Examination Malpractice to Nigerian Education
(Issues and way forward)
Ø Lofom Education Consulting — The Use of
Information and Communication Technologies
For Effective Teaching.
COURSES TAUGHT IN THE UNIVERSITY:
UNDER GRADUATE COURSES
a. Introduction to Adult Education
b. Adult Basic Education
c. Introduction to Non-formal Education
d. Foundation of Adult Counselling
e. Psychology of Adult Learning/ Adult Development Stages
f. Mass media and Methods of Distance learning
g. Curriculum studies in Adult Education
POST GRADUATE COURSES
a. Cost and Foundation of Adult Education
b. Historical Foundation of Adult Education
c. Comparative Adult Education
d. Philosophical and Psychological Foundation
e. Curriculum Studes in Adult Education
f. Planning and Implementation of Community Development Projects
g. Issues in Distance and Open learning System
Prof. Nwachukwu Ike
Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State
Prof. R. O. Igbo
Department of Adult Education,
IBB University Lapai Niger State.
Prof. U. J. Obidiegwu
Department of Adult Education
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.