NAME: OKAFOR, JANE OGBEYEALU
MARITAL STATUS: Married
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: Umunneochi
STATE OF ORIGIN: Abia
QUALIFICATION: M.Ed., B.Sc (Ed),NCE,WASC,FSLC.
CONTACT ADDRESS: Department of Adult and Continuing Education
(Curriculum Studies and Instructions).
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
Umudike, P.M.B. 7267 Umuahia.
RANK/ PRESENT DESIGNATION: Assistant Lecturer
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike 2014 – Till date
University of Port Harcourt 2001-2013
University of Nigeria Nsukka 1991-1994
Alvan Ikoku College of Education, Owerri 1987 -1990
Secondary Technical School, Aba 1980 – 1986
Etche Road Primary School, Aba 1974 – 1980
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION WITH DATES
PH.D, Curriculum Studies (in view) 2018
M.ED, Curriculum Studies 2013
B.SC(ED), Physical Education 1994
N.C.E, Physical and Health Education 1990
West African School Certificate (WASC) 1986
First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) 1980
OTHER CERTIFICATE HELD WITH DATES
Advanced Digital Appreciation Training Certificate 2015
Abia State Computer Training Certificate 2006
Registered Teachers Certificate (TRCN) 2005
N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate 1995
Nigeria Air force Schools,Ilorin (NYSC) 1994 – 1995
ST. Anthony Comprehensive Secondary School 2000 – 2002
Ogwe Comprehensive Secondary School Ogwe 2002 – 2005
Girls’ Secondary Commercial School,Aba 2006 -2013
Oboro Secondary School, Ikwuano 2013 – 2014
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,
Umudike. 1st April, 2014 – Date
a. Academic Adviser 100 Level Chemistry Education Students.
b. Coordinator sandwich programme for Department of Educational Foundations 2014/2015
c. Welfare Chairperson Department of Adult and Continuing Education 2015 till date
e. Other duties as instructed by my HOD.
Book of journals
1. Okafor, J.O (2016).Education as a panacea for gender discrimination and reproductive healthcare. International Journal of Educational Studies (INJEDS), MOUAU, Umuahia. VOL. 1(3), 111 – 117.
2. Prof. U.P.N. Amadi and Okafor, J.O.(2016). Employability skills competency of Nigerian university graduates and 21st century employers’ demands. International Journal of Educational Studies (INJEDS), MOUAU, Umuahia. Vol. 1(1), 128 – 136.
3. Ogbu, E.E, Ibebuike,U. & Okafor, J.O. (2016).Teachers’ professional development in Nigeria for effective teaching and learning : A tool for values Education. Journal of Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON) Conference, UNILAG. Vol.23(3),19-26.
4. Okafor, Jane O. and Dr. Uroko, Jonas E. (2017). Effect of curriculum differentiation strategy on pupils with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of the Nigerian Society of Educational Psychologists (NISEP), IMSU Owerri. Vol.15(2), Pg. 90-98
5. Amadi, Ugochukwu P.N, Okafor, Jane O., Ibebuike, Ursla O., Ogbu, Eke E. (2017). Mitigating the challenges of integrating agricultural psycho- production skills into basic education curriculum for sustainable food security and agricultural development. Journal of Curriculum and Instruction World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI) Nigeria Chapter, IMSU Owerri. Vol. 11(1), 98 – 108.
6. Ibebuike, Ursula O., Okafor, Jane O., Ogbu, Eke E., (2017). Basic educator’s awareness of their child protection roles for sustainable national development. Journal of curriculum organization(CON), NEEC Abuja. VOL. 24(4), 92 – 100.
Textbook Chapter Contribution
5.Okafor, J.O. (2016). Basic Concepts in Curriculum Studies, in Foundations of Curriculum Development (Principles and Practice), Pg. 17- 34.
1. 30th Annual National Conference of Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON),held at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. 20th -23rd September, 2017.
2. 11th Biennial Conference of the World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI) Nigeria Chapter, held at Imo State University, Owerri. 19th – 22nd October, 2016
3. Circle Institutional Strengthening Maiden Induction Programme for MOUAU Staff at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike 17th-18th October,2016
4. Awareness /Sensitization Programme on Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre(ADRC) Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike on 30th September,2016.
5. 29th Annual Conference of the Curriculum Organization of Nigeria Held at the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NEEC) Abuja. 2016.
6. 28th Annual National Conference of Curriculum Organization of Nigeria, UNILAG. 2015
7. Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions, MOUAU, Umuahia. 2015
8.1st International Conference, College of Agricultural and Science Education, MOUAU. 2015
9. Three Years Ministers’ Wives Course on Empowerment 2015
10.1st Maiden Conference of College of Agricultural and Science Education, MOUAU, Umudike.2014
11. Training on Exam Ethics for External Examination Supervisors 2013
12. Capacity Building for Teachers (MDGs) 2012
13. Emmaus Bible Correspondence School Diploma African Chapter 2011
14. World Center for Missions Mobilization Conference, Canada 2009
15. World Center for Missions Mobilization Conference, Canada 2006
16. Abia State Computer Training Course for Teachers 2006
17. Seminar on Sexuality Education for Secondary School Teachers 2003
18. Basic/Advanced Leadership Training for Evangelists 2001
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODY WITH DATE
Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria AB/S/00973 2005
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) 2014
Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON) 2015
HOBBIES: Reading, Sports, Evangelism Outreach
RT. Rev. Chukwu, N.U
Bishop of Ndoro Diocese Methodist Church Nigeria
Prof. L. O. Eya
HOD, Department of Adult and Continuing Education
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Engr. David, Dimoji O.
Dean School Of Science and Engineering Technology
Abia State Polytechnic, Aba.